Wellbeing and Mental Health
As you are aware through participation in the parental surveys sent out by Mrs Hollinshead in the Senior School, we have been working towards our accreditation for an award developed by Optimus Education and the National Children’s Bureau. We are pleased to announce that we have been successful in our work carried out over the past 18 months and we are one of the first independent schools to gain such an award, proving our commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life, with specific attention to:
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and there is appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that match the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engaging the whole school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues.
Thank you to Mrs Hollinshead and Mr Shipway for all their hard work in the completion of this award and all parents who contributed to our surveys, the second of which demonstrated a significant improvement in positive views about our actions and systems in this area. It will, of course, remain a key element of the values and strategy of the School as we move forward.Categories: Whole School